TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I am trying to set up my amazon firestick on my 10 year old…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to set up my amazon firestick on my 10 year old sony bravia hd 1080 tv I have device plugged into tv, but cannot figure out how to access and turn on the hdmi port from my tv remote. I go to settings but cant find hdmi

Technician's Assistant: Are there buttons on the side, bottom, or back of your Bravia?

What kind of buttons

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. What menu options can you access, if any?

I can access settings But from there only picture or sound settings On the back of my tv there are some buttons and on the top

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/26/2017
TV Technician: Josh, Technician replied 6 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

On your TV, you will see a button for INPUT -- Press that button until the TV goes to the HDMI port with the Firestick

Now, press the remote button and it should show up.

No button arked i put
No button marked input
On the tv
why dont you call me instead(###) ###-####

Do you see the button on your remote?

There should be a button marked INPUT either on the side of the TV or underneath the front.

No button on remote or tv marked input. Tv is 10 years old

Which model Sony TV is it?

Bravia hd 1080

Please locate the model number on the TV

Kdl 40V 2500

I am looking at the remote for your TV and the button for INPUT is in the top left hand corner

That button is marked tv/ video on my sony remote
But I use the rcn remote usually and it does have a video input button top left

I am not sure what you mean by RCN remote but you can try pressing that INPUT button a couple of times to see if it cycles through the inputs

Should the tv be on?

Yes, the TV would need to be on.

turn on the tv then use the tv/video button on the sony remote to see if i can find the firestick

Yes or some TVs will switch to that port when you plug it in automatically

Nope didnt work

What did not work exactly?

Let me try again

Thank you

I cycle through but the hdmi input does not come up
I get video 1 blank screen video 5 says dvd (which we dont have ) then video 6 which is cable. My hdmi port is labeled number 7 which does not appear as a choice when i cycle thru input
I got it to work by myself so please refund my deposit

Great to hear! How were you able to make it work?

Did my steps help you in the right direction?