TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have a viz. TVset modelVX37LHDTV10A and serial number…

Customer Question
Hello, my name is...

Hello, my name is ***** ***** have a viz. TVset modelVX37LHDTV10A and serial number LSLABBH2722083. After long working hours the picture desapeared and an anoing sound came on. The TV was turned off, however, only the cabel box responded. The Vizio logo was on. the on/of button is not responsive. Calles to the cabel company confirmed that this is not a cable issue in it a problem with the TV. They suggested to call you because you may be able to help. At the moment I do not have the the original TV remote, however we do have another TV set. thank you for your support.

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

VX37LHDTV10A

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

The on/off ,menu, input and volume buttons on the TV side are not responsive

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I work in the last yers with the Comcast remote control, they suggested to call you. thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/26/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Offhand these symptoms indicate an issue with the Mainboard of the Vizio- not uncommon once they get on in years.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up. The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.