Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Shading in the picture, Not sure to say if it is burn in or

Customer Question

Shading in the picture, Not sure to say if it is burn in or LED's bad Has a dark area on the left side 14X14/ and a bur going across the screen
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Vizio E60-C3
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes Set is just two years old. Can be seen good when you have a white screen
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?
Customer: Just noticed it, Set is my mother's
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Would you be able to upload a photo for me here so I can see what it looks like?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for the photos, that is either a power supply fault or some bad leds as the most likely cause.

It is possible it is a panel defect as well, but not likely to be burn in.

This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2015 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising for this brand. These are some of the lowest quality tvs on the market. They are built to meet a certain price point, not for quality or reliability. It is completely normal and expected to see them last just a year or two at best.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which could include dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics testing with a multimeter, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing individual components.

If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor, assuming it is not the panel (which can't be fixed)

For a tv of this brand/age however, replacement will make more sense. You can get a brand new 4k LED tv with a fresh warranty, from a more reputable brand, in the $700 range.

I can help you with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options, if desired.

My apologies for the news,