TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have an error saying incompatible audio signal found

Customer Question
We have an error...

We have an error saying incompatible audio signal found check output settings

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

We have no sound on our Sharp Auqeous TV old.. LOL

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Does this cost $$?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/26/2017
TV Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 8 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What you ask about is probably, in your case at least, a matter of settings.

The output settings would need to have the TV's output set to OFF, and the TV Output volume set to 0.

And the Audio Out and/or Settings - Audio / Video - Dolby Digital, which seems to need to be Auto rather than On when it is enabled.

But these settings are complicated a bit, and dependent on what setup you have, where the audio 'signal' or 'content' is going, by what route it is going, and so forth.

If your object is simply to get some sound whatsoever out of your Sharp TV, then the settings I mentioned might have to be On rather than Off or Auto. If the advice in general I have given is not good enough, Reply and tell me how the TV is connected to other devices, and I may be able to figure it out for you.