TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have just purchased a Sony Smart TV 55" and am unable to…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, I have...

Hi Pearl, I have just purchased a Sony Smart TV 55" and am unable to get Netflix, U-tube or anything that requires internet connection. The TV was set up by a professional installer. I have Wi Fi connection and my internet is working fine on my computer, IPad and mobile phone. I have tried switching off the TV at the power source and waiting a few minutes but it still doesn't work. When I press Netflix etc, it tells me to wait and try again later. Can you help please. Grace

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to Netflix?

All it tells me is to wait and try again later. If I press the Red button on the remote which usually brings up Freeview and Iview, nothing shows on screen whereas it did before. But even when I pressed those, I still couldn't get Freeview or Iview. Am I making sense. I'm not technically minded.

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

No I havent. But it's working on other devices. I'm a bit apprehensive about turning stuff off as in the past I've had more problems.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/26/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

There may be a glitch with the wireless router that is preventing some devices from connecting.

Try restarting the wireless router and let me know if that helps?

-------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------