TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Sharp model luv-52d64u screen went black and red power light…

Customer Question
Sharp model luv-52d64u...

Sharp model luv-52d64u screen went black and red power light flashes on and off continuously

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your LUV-52D64U?

No actually the tv has the back off of it and unfortunately I don’t have the power cord with me. It belongs to the local VFW and they didn’t bring the cord when they dropped it off I’m just trying to save them from having to buy a new one

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Possibly we did have one but not sure if it was before or after the tv quit

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes is there a charge for this? I am hopefully fixing this tv with my money as a way to give back to the community.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/25/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

To be clear, this is a paid support service, it is not free help. You paid the agreed upon fees (5+balance) noted on the payment page when posting your question.

Are you just needing help with finding a new cord? Or have you found a cord but it won't turn on still?

The cord was misplaced and it hasn’t been found yet. I need help with the black screen problem but I don’t have much money. I need to know what it will cost and I don’t mind paying a reasonable fee but I can’t afford to pay and then find out the tv is junk or will cost more to repair than it is worth
If you can help me great but should I wait till I get the power cord before trying to figure the issue?

I can help you to diagnose and troubleshoot the problem, but a cord really is needed to get into specifics.

You paid approximately 28 for our chat here. I can give you a quick answer to get you started before you go out and get a power cord, based on the symptoms you've presented so far, if you'd prefer.

Can you tell me, if you know, if the tvs own menu screens come up at all?

I thought I only made a $5 deposit. I didn’t see anything about being charged more until just now. So I guess you should give me what help you can. I have a good volt-ohm meter so if that helps all the better
Apparently I have paid $28 for absolutely nothing. I’m not getting any answers at all and I would appreciate my money refunded and I’ll find someone else to help me

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

I'm only just now getting both of your responses.

Can you please reply with the specific details I requested, that is necessary to being able to help you.

I cannot cancel or refund anything.

I’m not waiting 3 hrs for an answer. I’ll figure out how to go about a refund. I have no use for this service
I’m right here and happy to help you now. I was not able to earlier as I have not received the necessary details from you.
I’ll pass. I already took the tv to a local repair facility
No problem, up to you. I could save you a lot of time and money here but your call. Best of luck to you.
Thank you
You’re welcome