TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Sharp Mimi component system that will not turn off.

Customer Question
I have a Sharp...

I have a Sharp Mimi component system that will not turn off. I push the off bottom and the unit says good bye. Two seconds later the unit says hello and is ready to go. Bye the way, the unit is a CD-DK890.

Technician's Assistant: What Sharp model do you have? How old is it?

Mimi component system cD-DK890, probably 8-10 years old.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

This is a disc and tape player.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Sharp? What happened right before this?

About 1-2 months nothing , And just turned it off and didn't notice any problem.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/26/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

This can happen if the electronic contacts beneath the power button are sticking on.

The unit will need to be disassembled, and the contacts can be cleaned using electronic contact cleaner.

A local electronics repair shop can do this for you if you are not familiar with the process.

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------