TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have an LGTV with remote MKJ40653806. My husband

Customer Question
Hi we have an...

Hi we have an LGTV with remote MKJ40653806. My husband accidentally pressed the wrong key in the dark and now the tv just has a black and white screen

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Yes I think so

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No. The tv was fine. He just pressed the wrong buttons on our control instead of just pressing the power button, this is what he says

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I think this is the only problem we have at the moment.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/25/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Use the original LG remote's INPUT button and select "AV" or "VIDEO" (instead of COMPONENT). Let me know what happens.

I have selected AV! and it now says 'no signal'

Okay, we need to dig deeper. Check the back of the TV and let me know what colored cables are connected (describe the colors- and tell me how many cables).

It has that I can call you but I have already paid to message so I will do that. There are the usual yellow red and white cables which we connect to use our sound bar and usb

Note that the site will send you a phone call offer- that is NOT from me. It is sent without my consent and I am not available by phone. To see MY REPLY, "X" out of the offer and view the page that we have been typing on. Also note that any offers for subscriptions or promotions are NOT something I am privy to. I am an independent tech and am only paid with a positive rating for my service. If you understand, please simply say "I Understand" on this page, and we can continue with your Tech issue.

I understand.

The usual red, white and yellow cables with be the AV Input on the TV. If no signal comes up there- then something else is wrong.

Thank you. Please put the TV on COMPONENT and let me know what you see.

All I really know is that it was what my husband pressed on the remote. He just pressed the wrong buttons and then said that the tv went fuzzy black and white

I know that, and that's what I'm trying to help you solve. Please put the TV on COMPONENT and let me know what you see.

component 1 or component 2

I have no way of seeing what jacks on the back of the TV those cables are plugged into, so try both of them- one at a time.

after pressing both component 1 and 2 it still has 'no signal'

Okay I'm out of ideas, I will opt out.

Thank you
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.