TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The sound cuts off after watching for a couple of hours. i…

Customer Question
The sound cuts off...

The sound cuts off after watching for a couple of hours. i restart the receiver and all is fine.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

No

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your sound system?

Have checked hdmi connection and done the restart of receiver

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that it only happens on one tv out of 3

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/25/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 7 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with it, I need more info to troubleshoot the problem.
1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Tv is Samsung UN32M4500AF attached to att Uber's wireless receiver via hdmi cable
No other devices
Art uverse not uber

OK - Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

I won't know if that works for several hours because it takes that long for the sound to cut off after the system is turned on but I am doing it now

OK, please take your time

Ok everything has reset and is back up. Now I will wait a few hours to see if cuts out or not

OK, hows it going now?

Still the same problem

Sorry to hear that, working on it and get back to you in few minutes