TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Brand new samsung 55 inch tv delivered today. i can hear the…

Customer Question
Brand new samsung 55...

Brand new samsung 55 inch tv delivered today. i can hear the cable tv but can;t see it. screen is stuck on "select between standard and HD TV type"

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 55?

Delivered new 30 minutes ago

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Tv menu works, i setup wifi and all

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 55? What happened right before this?

I just told you it's new. are a person or a computer?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/25/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 7 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with it, I need more info to troubleshoot the problem.
1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

model # UN55MU8000. cable box is connected with hdmi cable. i tried switch between hdmi 1 through 4 and problem is the same

OK - Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

i have tried that already. the connection is fine, the issue is that on the "select tv type screen" the selection doesn't work
i;m logging off, thanks

OK, let me opt out to repost this question for other experts to assist you further

TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm not sure if you've tried this yet- but that message you're getting is generated by the cable box, and you would use the cable provided remote to select TV type (the box is asking what type of TV you have).