TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I was cleaning around my Panasonic viera and now it says no…

Customer Question
Hello, I was cleaning...

Hello, I was cleaning around my Panasonic viera and now it says no signal, ensure that the external device is turned on and properly connected to the TVs input. I might have knocked a cable but I can’t see anything that’s not supposed to be plugged in??

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Viera?

It’s about 4 years old I think?

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No it won’t let me do anything except change the inputs but that does nothing too

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Viera? What happened right before this?

Just now I was cleaning around the tv stand

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope I think that’s it!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/26/2017
TV Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I suggest that you look for any loose lines or loose ends. And look for any 'box' back there or near there, where you were cleaning, that might have a no-lights condition on it, in which case, check the power plugged in to that 'box' and make sure it is well connected and not knocked-loose as far as power supply is concerned.

After that... you may have simply loosened, rather than removed, some connection. In which case, examining every single line, plugging it back in firmly and completely, would be needed, to restore full working operation.

After that... you may have nudged a button on the Viera that says 'SOURCE', in which case, it would have changed the Source to a port with no input, thus causing a No-Signal condition on the chosen input. Cycling slowly, one at a time, through the Sources, until you get a TV picture again after a half-minute or so on that Source, would be the thing to do for that problem.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)