TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Picture size on tv is too big. I have tried all standard…

Customer Question
Picture size on tv...

Picture size on tv is too big. I have tried all standard options and nothing works to zoom out.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

LG, a couple of years old.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I have Amazon firestick hooked up. Menu does work. Problem does not occur on any other tv in house. I have two HDMI options as inputs on tv and they both have the same problem.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your LG? What happened right before this?

Started this morning when tv was turned on. Never happened before. Toddler might have been messing with control.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Dont think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/25/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 7 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with it, I need more info to troubleshoot the problem.
1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

55lh575a

Thanks

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Amazon fire stick. No cable box. No DVD player.
Connected to HDMI. Occurs on both HDMI inputs.

OK - Have you tried to disconnect TV power cord from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

I have already tried that.

OK, is it possible to connect this fire stick to any other available TV as a test to see if it shows larger picture there?