TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

6 yo LG TV (55LW5600-UA) suddenly will not turn on and the…

Customer Question
6 yo LG TV...

6 yo LG TV (55LW5600-UA) suddenly will not turn on and the red power light is not on. No issues prior to this. Unplugged for several minutes and plugged back in—no change. Assuming it’s the main board vs the power board—just not sure how to tell which it is?

Technician's Assistant: Is your LG TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

It is. tested all other av equipment in each outlet of it and all still work. also plugged the TV directly into an outlet and still nothing

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Do not believe so?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/25/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 7 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

are we still connected?

Yes, I'm working on it

Please check standby 3.5V on P201 connector on power supply board, if 3.5V DC is available while TV is plugged in power outlet that means main board isn't working/ not booting up and need to be replaced with identical one.

If 3.5V DC reading isn't available then replace power supply board.

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.

P201? i see P1201, but no P201

Let me recheck, hold on

is that in addition to the $5 + $23?

I'm not sure about billing however, it seems you have paid around $30 to website for this chat session

i thought you were referring to the main board... sorry! yes, i see it on the power board
thanks for your time! Have a great day!!

Much welcome. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.