TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have to get 4 ft from tv to get volume to go up on my

Customer Question
direct tv remote. ATT couldn’t...
I have to get 4 ft from tv to get volume to go up on my direct tv remote. ATT couldn’t help- seemed to think it was a problem with sensor on by. Can you help?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/25/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 7 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Ok

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?

- Have you tried Sharp remote that came with the TV and does it work from normal distance?

Sharp remote works
Pardon me, sharp remote for volume only works close up like other remote

OK - Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?

E50E41NKFMBRNNX

It seems serial number, Sharp model would start like LC-xxxx so please recheck.

LC-50LB261U

- Have you tried to disconnect TV power cord from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

I’m doing that now

OK, please take your time

Wondering why that would make a difference?? The TV is not sensing remote from more that 4 ft away. I’m trying that now though

Rebooting the TV will help to clear any software glitch in TV that might be causing the issue

That didn’t work

Sorry to hear that, this also confirmed it is remote sensor problem which is failing and replacement of IR Sensor board in TV will fix the problem. Please click following link to view IR Sensor Board image and price info if you have plan to do it yourself..

https://repairpartstv.site/item/262810975537/ir-sensor-board-715g5704-r01-000-004x-e227809__kdl_samsung.html

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

I assume there is no charge for today?

I have no idea about it, please contact customer service at given number

USA:(###) ###-####/p>