TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have inherited an Emerson tv and can’t figure out how to…

Customer Question
I have inherited an...

I have inherited an Emerson tv and can’t figure out how to make the picture full screen; it’s got a black border around it

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Emerson TV?

No

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

We just plugged the tv in from sitting over a year

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/25/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:

Aspect

Zoom

HD Zoom

Ratio

(#) symbol under the 9 key

Find any buttons with those labels and use them to attempt to correct the picture size. If you are unable to find those buttons, or they don't help, then please reply back with the FULL model number off the back of the Emerson TV and also the NAME of your cable provider.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?