TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a two year old XBR65X900C and the unit is tripping…

Customer Question
I have a two...

I have a two year old XBR65X900C and the unit is tripping out. The red light located in the center bottom is blinking four time every three seconds.

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your XBR65X900C?

Two years

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Unplugging waiting at least two minutes and restarting. This worked for about two days an is not working this morning.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Cannot think of it. No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/25/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

To try and resolve this, please try the following:

1. Turn the TV off and back on. If that does not fix the issue, unplug the TV for 1 minute. Then plug the TV it back in and turn it on.

If the TV is plugged into a power strip or surge protector, remove it from the power strip or surge protector and plug it directly into the wall outlet. If the issue is resolved, the problem is with the power strip or surge protector and not the TV.

2. Clean any vents/slots in the TV cabinet and make sure there is room for air to circulate around the cabinet of the TV.

If that does not resolve the issue, then the problem is most likely related to an internal component failure, and the TV will require servicing to locate and replace the faulty part.

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------