TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I just bought a polaroid 5517Uad smart tv. I just bought it…

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a polaroid 5517Uad smart tv

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 5517UAD?

I just bought it now

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

My rmote is starting my tv but it is not working wile setting it up

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/25/2017
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

i still need help
Problem is that i bought polaroid 5517Uad
I just open the box and connect it but remote is only starting the tv and turning volume up and down
But when i am trying to select language nothing happend
Any guide what i need to do ??

Are you using the arrows to select on your remote?

Did you press the OK button on the remote when you select the language?

Yea but nothing is happening only red lightbis blinking on top of remote but there is no response on tv

Do you see an option on the screen for Next or changing the screen? Usually in one of the corners

No

Please upload a picture of your TV screen with the language selection

That’s how my screen looks like right now.

Press the RIGHT arrow and see if it moves forward

Its not moving

Unplug the power cord from the TV

wait 1 minute

Plug it back in and power on

Now try

I have done this thing like 5 to 7 times already

You have unplugged the power cord? That is different from just pressing the power button to turn it off.

I have unplugged the powercord as well

That is strange because it should move you forward.

Have you tried pressing all of the buttons on your remote?

i have tried it as well
I thought there must b somethinh wrong with the remote ...

Have you tried new batteries? I know it appears to be working but can't hurt to try new batteries

I have to go to super marrket to buy new batteries i’ll try it and text you then ..

Thank you