TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 2011 Samsung 32 inch lcd tv. No standby light. I…

Customer Question
I have a 2011...

I have a 2011 Samsung 32 inch lcd tv. No standby light. I replaced the fuse and it blew like a camera flash. I replaced the capacitors on my last TV and it was fixed, but it had stanby LED but no picture. This one the capacitors all look perfect. I'm sure it is just a bad component. I have a meter and basic skills, but don't want to desolder every component.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Samsung TV?

Nothing plugged in. put in fuse. plugged in power and saw a flash.

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Brownout, yes.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that's it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/25/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 7 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Let me know when you are on-line please so we can discuss this thanks

Anthony

Anthony,
I am online now.
I don't have any popped capacitors. The fuse blows instantly. I'm guessing that there is a bad diode or transformer or something.
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 6 months ago

You will need to replace the power-board ,it should be relatively cheap for this set is this something you would consider?cost of board I would estimate at $60_$100, you do have to be careful with costs as to replace the set at this size is around $200

Let me know

Anthony

Anthony,
The power supply is popping the fuse. The TV is only worth about $100 so I didn't want to replace the whole power supply. I know it is the power supply. I contacted you guys because it is probably just a $5 part on the power supply board. Do you have a way to diagnose it ?
Thanks,

Josh you can't repair to component level these board only some basic things that are known like bad capacitors which is a different scenario, the reason being because its dense electronics its very likely MORE than one part is bad it has a domino effect and you are likely to be looking at surface mount components that are damaged, so if we do not repair ourselves we wont ask you to do it, if you had said you wanted this repaired to component level I simply would not have answered the question and neither would anyone else

They do not lend themselves to being repaired this way the only time they would is if they cost $500 each for the board but because they are so cheap to buy as a pulled board no one and I mean NO ONE repairs them,unless there is a known kit to fit which thee is not with this model