TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Tv won't turn on. no blue light. Not yet. trying it now

Tv won't turn on...

Tv won't turn on. no blue light

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Not yet. trying it now

11/25/2017
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off off the back of your TV and how old is it?

Note that the site will send you a phone call offer- that is NOT from me. It is sent without my consent and I am not available by phone. To see MY REPLY, "X" out of the offer and view the page that we have been typing on. Also note that any offers for subscriptions or promotions are NOT something I am privy to. I am an independent tech and am only paid with a positive rating for my service. If you understand, please simply say "I Understand" on this page, and we can continue with your Tech issue.

we tried resetting the set by unplugging it for 2 minutes but it still will not turn on an there is no blue light. th blue light comes on when th tv is powered off.

I've been asking for some basic information for a bit now. What's the model number off off the back of your TV and how old is it?

oleviamodel 242v. at leas 8 years old.

Thank you. It's not uncommon for these sets to have failures at this age (and Olevia has been out of business for over 5 years).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

If you're still having the same problem, then unfortunately this indicates the set's power supply board has failed and needs to be replaced. This is a "plug and play" part- meaning no soldering or special tools are needed to replace it. Only a screwdriver and about a half hour of your time. That part can be purchased for your set at the link below for $100:

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/EEC-PW242S1G000/0057/528.html?modelNumber=242V&categoryName=LCD%20Television&brandName=OLEVIA

Alternatively, if you're not comfortable with this type of work, then at a shop this is $200-$250 parts and labor, which is typically not cost effective as a brand new 42" LED Smart TV starts at around the same cost. However if you'd like to inquire on repairs, or seek a 2nd opinion, you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area if you'd like:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

TRIE HARD RESET TWICE NO RESPONSE

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Aric, Technician
Aric, Technician