TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I keep getting the Simplink, Please try again message. LG…

Customer Question
I keep getting the...

I keep getting the Simplink, Please try again message

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

LG 42LG30 purchased in 2008

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I think the menu works. It happens on more than one inputs, I haven't tried them all.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 42LG30? What happened right before this?

It's been going on for a long time, I don't remember how it started.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I would have liked to know how this service works and what it is going to cost me.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/25/2017
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I still need help.
I would prefer to talk to you, but I can't afford it.
Are you going to help me now?
Are you there?

Yes, I am here.

Please unplug all of the HDMI cables and power cords from the TV and boxes

Wait 5 minutes

Plug them back in and let me know if the issue continues

Ok

Thank you

I hooked everything up and got the message again.
The only thing I have hooked up is a Roku streaming unit.

Remove the ROKU

Do you still see it?

The only video I have comes from my Roku and a DVD player. The DVD does not use an HMDI cable. From what I have read, i don't think the error message will come up unless I am using an HMDI cable and Jack. Is that right?

Remove the ROKU

Do you still see it?

I removed the Roku. I have the DVD running, the message has not come up yet. Is there a way to disable the Simplink? I don't need it.

I am not aware of a way to turn off Simplink

The message is not coming up with the DVD, but I need the HDMI jacks to work.

Try a different HDMI port

I am not getting the message, but I'm concerned that it is temporary. It think I used this port before and got the message.

Take your time and use it for a couple of days then let me know

Thanks, ***** ***** perfect!

Talk to you soon

Sorry, I have to reply every time that you respond.

It didn't work. Only lasted that evening. Next day Simplink was back.

So, it worked for a day then it stopped working in the other HDMI port?

it worked the evening that we talked. The next morning the message was back.
Never mind. I figured it out.