TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I want to get Netflix on my tv how to set it up. No I just…

Customer Question
I want to get...

I want to get Netflix on my tv how to set it up

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to Netflix?

No I just have it on my laptop only. Need to set up the TV

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

Fine

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Do u know how to change the input channel

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
11/25/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 5 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off the back of your TV?

TH-46PZ8OU

Thank you. I'm taking a look now.

No I don’t want to switch to a live call

Okay, this TV is not a Smart TV- so it does not have the capability to receive Netflix directly- without additional equipment. An external device- like the Amazon Firestick or a Roku would be needed. They can both be purchased at Best Buy for $40 each. You would then plug the device into the TV's HDMI port and run the setup on the screen to get Netflix.

I have gotten NO HELP

What help do you need? Your TV is not a Smart TV- you can't setup Netflix DIRECTLY on the TV. Did you read my reply?

What you NEED IN ORDER TO GET NETFLIX on the TV- is a device like I mentioned above. You can purchase one of them at the link below if you want Netflix on this TV:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/amazon-fire-tv-stick-with-alexa-voice-remote-black/5477500.p?skuId=5477500

This TV is older- it has no built in APP platform and does not have a Netflix button on it's remote- so I am trying to help you get Netflix on it by providing a solution.

I have already done that. The point is that my Panasonic control does not hav a input button

Well you never mentioned that. Hang on.

how to change the input

Hang on.

The "TV/Video" button on your remote changes the Input.

Use that button and let me know if you can select the HDMI Input or if it's ghosted out.

When I hit hdmi 2 it goes nowhere

Is HDMI 2 "ghosted" out- meaning you can't click on it???

I click on it and it says hdmi 2 but doesn’t go snywhere

On this set you need to "Label" inputs before you can use them. Let me pull up the manual for you.

Click the link below, scroll to page 35- and follow the instructions to LABEL HDMI 2 (simply give it a name of your choosing) and you should then be able to select it and use it.

https://pdf.crutchfieldonline.com/ImageBank/v20090127145900/Manuals/133/13342PZ80.PDF

Let me know once you've tried those steps please.

Are you still having the same problem?

I went toinput select and still just have hdmi 2 with nothing happening. Just tell me how to get the tv back so that I can watch cable please

Try unplugging everything, and plug it back in then turn the TV on and use TV Video to select HDMI 1. Let me know.

Are you still having problems?

This does not
Work and I just want to get the tv back to viewing again.
Aric, Technician