TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

For some reason the tv suddenly has quit working Samsung…

Customer Question
For some reason the...

For some reason the tv suddenly has quit working Samsung lightness coming on and off when you touch the tv or try to use the remote hooked up to a direct tv box

Technician's Assistant: What Samsung model do you have? How old is it?

Model number is *****

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No blank screen just the small light in thge front of the tv going on and off.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/24/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; this model is new enough that it should still be under the factory warranty though so the next step would be to file a claim at 800samsung.

My apologies for the news,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.