TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Red blinking light and the Tv won’t come on. I bought the TV…

Customer Question
Red blinking light and...

Red blinking light and the Tv won’t come on

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

No

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I bought the TV this morning ! Just took it out of the box !

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/24/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 8 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with it, I need more info to troubleshoot the problem.
1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

The model number is ***** and nothing is plugged into it at all. It’s just plugged in to the wall.

OK, does the red light start flashing as soon as TV power cord plug in?

Is the light flashing in specific pattern?

for example; 2 fast blink, 3 slow blink, pauses nd repeat the same blink pattern etc

It’s a constant blink , no pattern and no pauses

OK, it seems TV isn't booting up due to internal failure of main board so the power light is flashing continually, I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you as TV needs main board replacement to get it fixed.

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.

Even though it was working an hour ago within minutes of taking it out of the box ?

Electronic chip on main board of TV can go bad in seconds, main board has many chips and one of them seems defective so TV isn't booting up.