TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Samsung Ultra def, smart tv-65 in curved screen,

Customer Question
I have a Samsung...

I have a Samsung Ultra hi def, smart tv-65 in curved screen, model # UN65KU65ODF.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your UN65KU65ODF?

Bought new feb this year.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I have direct tv as my carrier. I had some issues a few days ago where I was in the samsung tuning mode and somehow got in the spanish language as opposed to english, and it would not respond to requests to go back to english. after I got it back to english, and back to hdmi, now when I change channels, an audible, spanish, voice confirms the channel number.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I want the verbal, audible, spanish verification of my channel selection to stop-it is very bothersome.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/24/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 7 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Only a cable box

OK, it could be issue within cable settins, can you please connect a DVD player into TV as a test to see if TV still anounce any settings?

The DVD player has its own controller. It does verbally verify that the tv mode is changing to dvd. I am not adept at these things so if this gets too complicated, I’d rather not get into it.

Without doing any testing we can't figure out the issue. Let me opt out to repost this question for other experts to assist you further

Thanks

I’m going to try and reboot the direct tv receiver. Don’t think that will help since it I believe it’s a tv issue. The remote
Controller works fine-it is programmed to the tv.
Ok-thanks
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.