TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a Samsung model pn60e6500efxzc plasma tv that turns

hi Im Gary I have...
hi Im Gary I have a Samsung model pn60e6500efxzc plasma tv that turns on and will allow sound and can change channels through my satellite receiver but I cant get a picture its just a black screen ,the on light comes on and a click that sounds like it should come on.so i was wondering if this is repairable or if the tv is finished
JA: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your PN60E6500EFXZC?
Customer: yes
JA: Was there a power outage recently?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
11/24/2017
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Does screen glow/ show light even for few seconds when turn On TV power?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
no

Thanks Gary for the info, this kind of problem occurs due to failure of power supply board and/or sustain boards mounted on either sides at rear of display panel/ the screen of TV. Mostly sustain boards go bad and caused the problem. Please click following link to view Y-Main and X-Main board image and part number info if you have plan to do it yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung/pn60e6500efxza

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://tvrepaircanada.com
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Phone call session started

Thanks for phone call request, I accepted it and ready to make phone call but want to make sure that you know this phone premium service would cost you extra $26 so please confirm to proceed or I'll close it for you and we can continue troubleshooting here in text chat.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
you can close the phone call request., I was then wondering if there is any way to test the power supply board and/or the sustain boards or is it trail and error to find out which one isn"t working and if it is trail and error which would you start with

We can check Va and Vs output volts on power supply board with multimeter and volts may appear for a second when turn On TV power.

If volts are available then swap Y-Main board as first thing that mostly goes out.

I'll mark phone call request as NIL and amount will be credited to you soon.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
ok tnanks ill check that out and find some costs for repairs and then fiqure out if its worth it for me to repair it .I thank you for your help

Much welcome and wish you the best~

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Phone call request has been cancelled thanks

Nice, I marked it as NIL

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician