TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My on off switch for my 55in samsung tv will not work. About…

Customer Question
My on off switch...

My on off switch for my 55in samsung tv will not work

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 55IN?

About 4-5 years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No menu is fine once tv is on

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 55IN? What happened right before this?

Nothing happen been going on for about 3 weeks

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Changed batt. in remote and some times will come on if unplugged and re plugged in

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/24/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 7 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with it, I need more info to troubleshoot the problem.
1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Cable box model number.bn64_02175a_00
Are you there

Thanks for info.

TV model number would start like UN-xxxx or PN-xxxx etc so please recheck

Un55fh6003fx2a

OK - Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

It's unplugged

OK, please replug back in and reply back with the result

Plugged back in red light did not come on and tv didn't come on

Sorry to hear that, working on it and get back with you in a minute

This kind of problem mostly occurs due to internal failure of main board of TV and some times power board found bad, please replace main board in TV to fix the issue. Please click following link to view main board image and price info if you have plan to do it yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung/un55fh6003fxza

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.