TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The screen went black one day as I was watching tv. For a…

Customer Question
The screen went black...

The screen went black one day as I was watching tv. For a long while the picture seemed to being getting worse so it was totally unexpected. The weirdest thing about this though is that since then if I turn it on with the remote I can still get sound but I cannot turn the tv itself off by either the remote or simply pushing the power button on the side of the tv. I have to actually unplug the power source. My question is: is it worth it to haul it into a repair shop or in this "throw away" world we live in, is it just no use in spending time and money on that. It is a 46inch tv so not exactly what I want to tote around if its not fixable. Not that this in important but I wanted to say my husband and I love Vizio TV's. Since we first discovered them we have bought at least 15 (for our home and business) and wouldn't think of any other brand. They are exceptional TV's for the quality and price. Thank you in advance for any insight you can give me.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your 46INCH?

HDMI cable. Oh and I forgot to mention that this tv is set up with a Bose stereo system. I don't know if that matters. Also our cable is through AT&T Uverse.

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

I can't really remember but I have a full home generator that kicks on in seconds of an outage.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/24/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 7 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with it, I need more info to troubleshoot the problem.
1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Model # VO47LFHDTV10AConnected to a Bose System and AT&T Uverse

Thanks for the info, it is eitrer power supply or main board internal failure, since TV is bit old model so it would be fine to get new replacement TV isntead of spending time and money on this TV's repair.

However, if you want to get it fixed then required boards would be available with following suppliuer and local TV repair shop may charge $200 as labor to repair this TV..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio/vo47lfhdtv10a

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

No I do not want a phone call for additional money. As a matter of fact I do not want my credit card charged any amount. I simply googled Visio for some input and that doesn't seem to be what I am getting. Sorry for time wasted. Refund my good faith deposit please.

Contact customer service at following link/ number for any billing/ refund issue..

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
USA:(###) ###-####/p>

Thank you for your last reply. I assume it is not power failure as the radio through the same system still works.

Then it would be main board failure in TV and replacement of main board will fix the problem

Thanks