TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Hdmi port not working well. Pioneer plasma model pop4271HD…

hdmi port not...

hdmi port not working well.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Pioneer plasma model pop4271HD MFG May 2006

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Every thing works except the 2 HDMI ports # 5+6.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your POP4271HD? What happened right before this?

We would move the cable and it would work for a while then go out, so we would move the cable again and it would be ok for a while again. But now it is very hard to get to work.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No that is it.

11/24/2017
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

OK I am assuming that you have swapped the HDMI leads themselves?

The leads are ok they work fine on the other tv. I have not replaced the ports.
Can I replace the HDMI ports, and how do I do that.

OK NO you can't swap the HDMI ports ONLY the complete board that they live on,the main-board however its not easy getting boards for these flagship sets anymore,let me make a suggestion.....get a HDMI box with EXTRA inputs on plugged into ONE of the hdmi ports so you could make one HDMI port into 4 for example would that be a good suggestion?I will find you one ,they are usually sold on amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Fosmon-HD1832-Intelligent-Splitter-Supports/dp/B008D6YZXG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1511546376&sr=8-4&keywords=hdmi+box

The above is an example there are many alternatives but you just need one out say 4 in, with a degree of control

Other than that you are left looking for a main-board on a set that is all but obsolete and the cost may be high of the board certainly $100 maybe more

If however you want to do that let me know and I will have a look, you will though be looking a minimum of $100 but likely to be $150, its not possible to replace the HDMI ports because they use the wave soldering technique to put them in and its not possible using conventional soldering\desoldering to get them out without damaging the main-board

A positive rating at this point is welcome 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Do you need any more help with this please?

You are viewing my replies so I have to assume you did not have any intentions....

Have a good day not

Will the RCA inputs work with an adaptor from HDML to RCA in input # 3 or 4?

Yes that would but why do that?you are then down-scaling the signal component input is OK it will still be at HD but nowhere near as good as HDMI,its far easier and better to just use an adaptor box so 4 in to one out,unless this is a problem??

Other RCA inputs like composite are not at HD LEVEL and component RCA is good but not as good as HDMI

I can't see a problem with my suggestion?you will have 4 more HDMI inputs?

But my HDML does not work so a splitter will not help.

Do you ONLY have 2 HDMI inputs??

The 2 that are bad?

There is not any more?

Because in that case you are right!

Let me know

There is one for the computer and the RCA ones. # 5+6 inputs do not work.

So only 2 then??hdmi?

With you saying 5 and 6 I thought you had more than 2,you are of course referring to the labelled inputs of 2 HDMI INPUTS is that correct?

OK in that case then you will need to down convert to component if you want to not replace the mainboard

Would this be OK with you?please keep me in the loop here you have very long pauses

Sorry my computer is slow.

Component is still very good and at the HD level of the set,let me have a look for one

I can only oddly find one HDMI input to component out upto now I cant find a box with 2 x HDMI in and component out

What do you think??

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
I found some on ebay , female HDML to RCI which will go to the TV. That should work?
I ordered one so I hope it works. Thanks for your help, time, and patience

Well what you need ideally is a 2 or 3 input HDMI box with one component output which will be red\green\blue for the pic and red and white for the sound so 5 sockets on the other side and a remote to switch inputs from one hdmi to the other

Component out of the box is red\green\ blue and red\white for sound so you should have this INPUT on your TV

Make sure you dont get one the other way round component to hdmi that wont work you need the component to be an output from the box hdmi an input

I got one that has red, white, and yellow to the TV and female HDMI to plug into. I will look into finding one like you suggested. Thanks.

Yeah that is composite its a much lower grade of signal than component however it will work

Anthony did the best he could, I confused him with my lack of terminology of the TV parts.
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician