TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Sound perfect and screen goes black from a few seconds to…

Customer Question
Sound perfect and screen...

Sound perfect and screen goes black from a few seconds to now totally black. Replaced direct tv box last week

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

The dvi audio in has a black plug and one black for cable blk

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No but live on water and it does happen... I have exterior power surge for home from power company

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/24/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 7 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me the make and model of the TV please?

Thank you

Model LN408540P8FXZA
VersionCND1

Thank you

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

I have done this before...should not have to keep doing this but I will do what you asked

No you should not have to do it multiple times.

Did you leave it off for 10 minutes before?

Probably not.... however what is wrong...it is Black Friday...do I buy a new tv or what

It points to a faulting power booard in the TV, usually about $150 in total to replace, if it goes off like this.

It may be the mainboard, but I would need further diagnosis with you on this.

It is a hardware issue though so you will need to replace a part in the TV to resolve this

By the time you pay a tech to come to the house and 150 for part you could buy a new one...how old is this tv....8 years maybe Any suggestion on new tv.....stay with Samsung or change

Correct, though tariffs depend on your area, but 100% samsung, most other TV's use their screens anyway and their own parts on the boards.

Samsung is by far the best still avaialble, and lok to getting a 4K TV with HDR for color

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you