TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The tv wont recognize our cable box. Brand new. Vizio.

Customer Question
The tv wont recognize...

The tv wont recognize our cable box

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Brand new. Vizio. LTT7VNBT2100952

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Anolog works

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

We just bought it brand new and set it up. It only does anolog when scanning channels

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/24/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 7 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- How the cable box is hooked into this TV?

Is it plugged via HDMI cord into HDMI input of TV?

It's hooked into the cable Jack using the screw coax

OK, does cable box has Video Out (yellow-red-white) RCA jacks?

OR does it have HDMI Out jack?

Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?

It's a coax cable LTT7VNBT2100952

I'm afraid TV model number LTT7VNBT2100952 mentioned is invalid, please recheck.

Also, check the cable box rear for said jacks

VIZIO D43n-E1

OK, it is HD TV and would have HDMI inputs to connect a video source.

Please check cable box that should have HDMI OUT jack, does it?

Cable box just has 2 coax cords. 1 to the cable from the wall and 1 to the tv from the box
The tv has a cable Jack on it. That's what we're hooked to.

OK, I would recommend to get newer cable box from cable compnay to get high resolution picture on this TV.

However, please press #3 button on TV remote or try #4 and check if TV shows cable channel picture.

Does the cable box has its own remote control?

Did that already. Yes it does.
Are you there

OK, from the CHANNELS menu, highlight Channel Source and press OK. The CHANNEL SOURCE menu displays then highlight Cable and press OK. Press EXIT.

From the CHANNELS menu, highlight Find Channels, and press OK. The auto channel scan begins. Wait until the channel scan is 100% complete. Highlight Done and press OK. Press the EXIT button on the remote.

Does TV show cable channel picture now?

I put it on store demo and cable works

Wel, in stroe demo mode you will get builtin ads on screen as well.

Well, in store demo mode you will get builtin ads on screen as well.

I no. So how do I get cable on home view
It says only 1 anolog channel found. But the cable works only on store view

This is odd, that only 1 analog channel signal is coming from cable box so set the TV on that analog channel and use cable remote to go to next channel.

Please go to Reset & Admin menu of TV and set it to Home Use instead of store demo mode.

what do I do about the cable mot working

I have given that info in previous reply, let me repeat it here..

From the CHANNELS menu, highlight Channel Source and press OK. The CHANNEL SOURCE menu displays then highlight Cable and press OK. Press EXIT.

Does TV show cable channel picture now?

It's working. Thank you

Excellent, glad to know problem is resolved. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?