TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Thank you. Our TV is about 5 years old, and I think it is 42…

Hello, thank you. Technician's...

Hello, thank you.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Our TV is about 5 years old, and I think it is 42 inches wide. I don't have the brand or model number.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The problem with the TV is as follows: You turn on the TV and the picture is fine for about 10 minutes, and then the right half of the screen turns into

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

Sorry, the right half of the screen turns into solid coloured bars...so only half the screen is working normally. This has been the case since about sorry, since about late September

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, I was told it could be the "panels" of the TV that are at fault

11/24/2017
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?

I have it. It is: Service Model HL42XLE2a
it is a Haier television
Are you still working on my question about the Haier TV?

Sorry about delayed reply, I was away from computer.

Does the picture correct itself after some time?

Thank you for your response. No, the picture does not correct itself, it
stays half normal screen and half coloured bars.

OK, unfortunately it is most likley display panel/ the screen internal issue and some times t-con board that would be mounted at top middle at rear of screen under a metal shield found bad as well for similar symptoms. Replacement of t-con board of same part number/ identical t-con board will either fix the problem or confirm it is screen fault that need to be replaced but it may cost more than a new TV price of same size sp at that point you would be better off with an new TV instead of spending time and money on this TV's repair.

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician