TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

No sound coming from it so I reset it and now it is saying…

Customer Question
No sound coming from...

No sound coming from it so I reset it and now it is saying check external input link source

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Okay cool you fix that problem can you tell me what could be causing my volume not to work

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

I just have a DVD plugged into it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
my 42-inch LG TV has no sound and I can't figure out how to get it back
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/24/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 7 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model numbers of the TV and the DVD Player.
Additionally, please describe how the DVD player is connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s).

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Okay 42LG30UD and the DVD player is plugged up with a red white and yellow cord I don't know if the called but now it's been putting my TV for him goodbye off and it used to work and it's still working just no volume
They DVD is hooked up with a red yellow white cord it also has been hooked to my TV for over a year and always worked

Appreciate the additional information.

Play a DVD movie disc. Raise the TV volume. Ensure movie is seen on TV screen.

Carefully unplug the red and/or white RCA plugs from the back of the DVD player. Lightly touch just the tip of either/both red / white plugs.

There should be a thump / humming sound from the TV speakers.

• if yes, then it would be an issue with the DVD player;
  • if no, then either the yellow + red & white RCA-to-RCA cables are faulty;
  • ...or an internal issue with the LG TV.
Plug it from the TV or the DVD player

For test purposes, unplug the red & white from the DVD player's back and lightly touch the center tips of each plug.

did not hear anything now what

Then it would be a TV issue and/or a faulty RCA cable.

By process of elimination, try first replacing the yellow + red & white RCA-to-RCA cable.

Please post back results / observations of the above once done.

I know it's a TV issue that's why I paid $5 where y'all can help me with my issue they say pay $5 and y'all answer the question about my TV so can you tell me what it could be or not

IF you are sure that it is an internal hardware issue with the TV, THEN are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even perhaps a soldering iron?

I do and I have already put the meter on some things to see if it was kidney and juice
checked all the fuses with the meter and resets

Great on the DIY!
Please post back with clear pictures of the main board. It would be something like EAX42499101. Click HERE.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
These pictures would then serve as common references allowing me to see what you are seeing.

what's well sorry re put it back together but we did check all the breakers in the circuits through the fuses they all had continuity through the fuses

Perhaps a second opinion / alternate approach would be to your preference as I can't seem to get the information needed for the diagnosis.

The question would be re-opened as I would rather opt out.

Please do not post a reply so as not to re-open the question thread.

r Austin open the TV back up you're not going to help me or give me my money back
How do I send the picture
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.