TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I'm setting up my new Vizio D32f-E1 I have gone through the…

Customer Question
Hello, I'm setting up...

Hello, I'm setting up my new Vizio D32f-E1 I have gone through the entire process 3 times now,

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

I bought it Yesterday from Costco 11/22/17 I have ATT Uverse wireless in my home

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

TV menu works, Even though it is wifi the inputs don't ask for that so since it is not directly coax from the wall, I put it as cable box

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

It says no signal to tv but It does seem to be on-line

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/24/2017
TV Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 7 months ago
Karthik Nagarajan

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

TV Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 7 months ago

It sounds like you are trying to connect the TV to the ATT Uverse modem using wifi, is it right?

Looks like we got disconnected before getting started. Please don't charge my card. Thanks
TV Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 7 months ago

I am really sorry for the delay response, Please check whether you have tried this steps for connecting the the TV to the wifi router. Follow the steps below to connect your Vizio Smart TV to the Internet via a wireless.

1. Press the Menu button on your Vizio remote.
  2. Select the Network option and then press OK.
  3. Choose Network Connection and then select the Wireless option.
  4. Select your In-home WiFi network from the list.
  5. Enter your the password ***** your In-home WiFi.
  6. Your Vizio Smart TV should now be connected to your In-home WiFi network.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

I did do all those things. I am on line. The signal is strong and has 5874kb/s all sources I have to choose from say no signal-tv
TV Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 7 months ago

As per my understanding, you are getting strong signal in the TV, Is it right?

but past that I don't seem to be able to get past the no signal . I have a tv in the next room that has the uverse wi fi box hooked with an hdml cable but is receiving its signalfrom signal from a wireless access point. I have an art remote control for that tv instead of its own by at least it's own can turn on the tv although not a picture
Sorry for the bad grammer. Darn auto spell
TV Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 7 months ago

That's Okay. May I know whether HDMI cable is connected to the ATT router?

System runs like this. 2 story house with access point downstairs with Ethernet cable to uvers WiFi router. This has Ethernet cable to a stereo receiver which has an hdml cable running to its tv. Upstairs is another tv with which receiver a wireless signal from downstairs which has an hdmi cable connected to its tv. My 3rd tv which I bought yesterday I was told since it is a smart tv, I shouldn't need another att box to receive its signal because the new tv has that capability already in it.
First upstairs tv is not a smart tv but the new vizio tv is
TV Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 7 months ago

I understand, In this case I will opt-out and allow another expert to take over. Other experts will be able to see this question and the conversation which you had with me and they will be providing you a proper solution. Thank you for your patience.

I'm sorry if I made it confusing for you. I should have simply responded to your questions thanks for trying
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Hello Harry I was away for the holidays and am back home now. I still haven't been able to get past the no "no signal-tv" in my screen. It is a mystery to me what I need to do to watch tv.

You mentioned no signal TV -- Do you mean that you cannot even watch TV shows on your box?

My other tv is fine it's only the new tv that I cannot watch

I can watch tv shows. Please forgive me if I am terminology challenged. The tv hooked up to the box where the WiFi receiver is, works fine. It is not a smart tv . It has an hdmi cable. My new Vizio tv is in the room down the hall. It is connected to my wireless.
The new tv is the one I haven't been able to watch tv on
Hello did I get lost in the shuffle?

You can watch TV shows on the new TV?

Still need help but am going to work now and not be able to do personal things.

You can watch TV shows on the new TV?