TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Have RCA TV model #LED20G30RQ. I have set up outside timer…

Customer Question
Have RCA TV model...

Have RCA TV model #LED20G30RQ. I have set up outside timer but it does not turn on or turn off TV. I have used this outside timer on other brand Tv;s and it worked. How can I this timer for the RCA TV?

Technician's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About 3 months, I witched a TV from another room with this TV. Timer worked with other TV

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

There is no work. I just plug TV into timer

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I am aware of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/24/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 7 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...outside timer..."
This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

I do not know model of outside timer

I understand.

Would it be a device just with a rotary timer and an outlet plus an AC power cord?

It is a timer digital. I plug into an outlet and plug tv into
Are you there?

Thank you for allowing me time to read your post, reference the documents and compose this reply.

Unfortunately, this type of timers would not work with the RCA LED20G30RQ since this TV model uses a soft switch and/or a remote control signal to turn on of off.

If used with this timer, the TV would still need to have its POWER button pressed to be turned on. The timer only makes the 120VACX available to the TV but is not able to send the remote turn on signal.

However, this TV model is capable of turning itself off as it has a built-in timer.

I am aware of self turn off

Still, the external timer would not work with this TV to turn it on.\

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, it is a technology/design issue; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.

Is there a charge for this call?

My participation is strictly limited to technical, repair and/or installation issues as well as related information.
Billings & payments concerns including membership/subscription are best addressed by Customer Support.

Transfer me to customer support

Please click HERE or go to http://ww2.justanswer.com/help