TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My 65 inch will not maintain picture. Seems to want to start…

Customer Question
My 65 inch will...

My 65 inch will not maintain picture. Seems to want to start but doesn’t. What can I do?

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

One from the cable box (spectrum). I have 4 tv’s all Samsung, the others work great. Same hookup. This one is the oldest at 7 years.

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/23/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 7 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Can you please get me the model number of the set?found on the back of the set thank you

Anthony

Un65f6300af

Is the screen black?power-light lit as tHough ON?

When I power TV up it blinks rapidly but does not come on and maintain picture.

I see that is usually back-light troubles however please reboot the TV and any satellite or cable box by unplugging both from wallpower wait 5 mins replug back in let me know if thee is any change

Already did that. No change.

The power-board needs to be swapped out can you do that?this controls the back-lights?just to clarify this is a plug in board

Where do I get a power board and for how much?

You need to trace the power-cord to the power-board inside the set (back off) then unplug and unscrew the board from the chassis, take it out,look on the board itself for its part-number beginning BN and go to www.shopjimmy.com with the code its the reverse to fit

Let me know if you need more help

A positive rating at this point is welcome 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

How much is the board approximately?

Around $100

Or less if shopjimmy do not have it google the code

Ok. I'll rate after I get board and try.

OK