TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

When I turn it on it starts to turn itself on and off again…

Customer Question
When I turn it...

When I turn it on it starts to turn itself on and off again by itself

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Panasonic viera model TH-42AS700A approx 3 year old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Everything else seems to work fine, just occasional on turning it on it does that weird turning off and on thing about every 5 seconds

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Viera? What happened right before this?

It’s been about 3 weeks. I had zero issues with it before this

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

It comes up with a blue box down the bottom of the screen as it starts up then goes away when it sort try’s to refresh/turn itself on again

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/23/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 8 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

Please tell me everything that is connected to the tv?

-ant/cable/sat

-bluray/dvd

-sound bar/surround sound

-others