TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We just bought the tv and set it up and it has a black line…

We just bought the...

We just bought the tv and set it up and it has a black line going right throught the middle of the pictur

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

5000 series 50pfl5601, we just bought it yesterday at wal-mart

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes, but it was hard to see because of the black line

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

We just hooked it up about a hour ago and it has been there ever since we turned it on. I turned it off and on thinking maybe it would go away but it didn't

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/24/2017
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Do you get this line no matter which input the TV is set to? eg: DVD player, Cable Box?

Please let me know

Thank you

no matter what we put it on. The line is about a inch and half wide and covers the full length

Thanks

It is the LCD panel that has faulted, it is a dead spot on the control board

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Thank you for your help.

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Technician