TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

It will not turn on. It shut down properly last night but it…

It will not turn...

It will not turn on. It shut down properly last night but it seems not to have any power today.

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes. But I have checked the power.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes I have.

11/23/2017
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the TV.

And is the TV completely / electrically dead? ...no sign of power? ...not even a standby LED light?

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Model 42PW996217
Serial. 81563073

And is the Philips TV completely / electrically dead?

Have you tried / can you please try unplugging for an extended period of time?

...and then plugging back in but into a different outlet?

I will try s different outlet in 10 minutes or so

Yes please.

Nothing has worked.
I think I need a service tech to check the unit. Do you have a service number on my area that I can call?

Then it would be indicative of an internal hardware issue.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.

For an independent TV service shop. please click / tap HERE. Select your state and/or key in your Zip Code and click on the Submit button.

Service tech please

Please click / tap HERE or go to https://www.tvrepairman.com/

Louie, Technician