TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

It says this function is not available now, but Im not

Customer Question
It says this function...

It says this function is not available now, but Im not pressinh any buttons

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

LG, IM NOT SURE WHAT MODEL AND ABOUT 5 YEARS OLD

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes, the menu works, I believe

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your LG? What happened right before this?

It started last night. Nothing happened. I wasnt touching the remote.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thats it, thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/23/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What are you watching when this happens? Cable/satellite, dvd, games, apps, etc? Does it happen on all of them?

I'm watching cable tv. It happens all the time, on every channel.

Can you please test something other than cable, such as dvd and tell me if the same thing happens there?

I dont have a dvd player. Its just hooked up to the cable box.The message has gone away now, but zim afraid it will come back. It always comes back.

If it happens only on cable, then it is most likely a cable box issue. It would be helpful if you could, even just temporarily, test something else to help verify that though.

In the meantime, unplug power to the cable box for 5 minutes, replug, give it another 5 minutes to start up, and let me know if that helps.

TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

No, thanks. I just junked the tv as I didn't know ehat to do. Thought it might be a motherboard issue?

Without knowing the model number or having heard back with any updates it is difficult to say, but if it is happening intermittently and on multiple devices, yes it would most likely be a bad main board. If it is a 5+ year old tv, it is past its service life though and would not be worth fixing, you are better off replacing it.