TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Louie. I played a dvd last night, and now I can't get it to…

Customer Question
Hi Louie. I played...

Hi Louie. I played a dvd last night, and now I can't get it to switch back into TV mode. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It's an Inisgnia TV/DVD combo, and it is about three years old (I think). I don't know the model

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The TV worked fine. I don't know what sources and inputs are

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Insignia? What happened right before this?

I haven't hadf a problem before this. I played a DVD for the first time in many months last night, and it won't switch back to TV

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope - that's it/.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/23/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 7 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...Inisgnia TV/DVD combo..."
This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

I don't want to call you. Please just text me
Model number is ***** - LT DVD to
Sorry that should have been NS- LT DVD 26
By the way the TV is 10 years old.
Are you still there?

Thank you for allowing me time to read your posts, reference the documents on a "...NS- LT DVD 26..." and composing a reply.

Have you tried / can you please try using the original Insignia remote control:

• press on the INPUT button a couple of times until TV is selected;
  • press the ENTER button.
I don't have the original remote. I have a Comcast remote. I have used the buttons on the TV itself and nothing is working
Hi Louie. I have decided just to buy a new television set. They are really inexpensive right now and my TV is 10 years old so I'm going to get a new one. Thank you very much for all the help you've given and I hope you have a very nice day

That the original remote is not available is very significant.

Still, when you press on the TV's INPUT button, what happens / is displayed on the screen please?