TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I am having problems with the HDMI ports. At times I get an…

Customer Question
I am having problems...

I am having problems with the HDMI ports. At times I get an intermittent signal. First it was the No. 1 port and then the No. 2 port. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It is an LD 43" 4K model.about 2 months old.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes. Just the No, 1 and 2 ports at this time.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

It started to happen just a week or so after getting the TV. I went from using the No.1 port to the No. 2 port and now it is giving i

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/23/2017
TV Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Are you using the same cable with either/both HDMI ports?

If so, then the HDMI cable itself, at some point, has begun to fail. Soon it will become unusable, as failing cable always do, and fail to pass either video or sound, or perhaps both.

If the two HDMI cables are different ones, then where do they go, respectively, please?

I have a new HDMI cable and it is not the problem. I tested it on another TV and it works fine. In fact I tried an older cable and it works fine also.

I presume that the older cable worked fine with the other TV, not with this new TV.

The new TV has a problem with the HDMI ports then, beyond a doubt. It's a from-factory problem, and either returning it to the vendor or store, or calling on the warranty for servicing and repair of this defect free-of-charge, is in order for this sort of problem.

(If you need further advice, details on how to go about the warranty claim or return-to-vendor-or-store, let me know.)