TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Lost remote to Polaroid 32GSR3000 and cant figure out how to…

Customer Question
Lost remote to Polaroid...

Lost remote to Polaroid 32GSR3000 and cant figure out how to chnage cource from TV itself. I can scroll through teh SOURCE options, but there is no ENTER or other method to select the SOURCE option I need

Technician's Assistant: Are there buttons on the side, bottom, or back of your 32GSR3000?

Side

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

I can access tv menu with button on side

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/23/2017
TV Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
The button right next to the POWER button at the end, is the SOURCE button. Just scroll through the Source choices by pressing that button alone, not bothering with the Menu first, and you may get what you need that way!

Let me know whether or not that works for you, in Reply To Expert, if you would.

That doesn't work, Ive tried

OK... how do you need to change the source, or to what choice?

To HDMI 1 or 2

OK. With the TV ON but the Menu not entered, no Menu visible on screen, see if just pressing the SOURCE button once, briefly, brings up e.g. 'CABLE' or 'ANT' on the screen, in a little flag, probably at upper right.

If it does, then press SOURCE again once, check to see what the flag says, and then go on with that process, until you find HDMI 1 or HDMI 2 showing on the screen in that flag. Then stop pressing SOURCE at that point, and all should be well.

That does not work. When you press source a second time, it closes the source flag.

Did you press SOURCE a second time within 4 seconds or pressing it the first time?

If so, that SOURCE button is indeed useless for selecting the Source, and is nothing but a 'display the currently selected source' function... a pity, but if it is that limited, it is.

Now as to getting into the menus - have you tried pressing the Volume + button to select the option you choose in the Menu for Source?

Or perhaps the Channel+ button, or even the SOURCE button, at that point in the Menu where you want to approve a choice?

If you have not tried those, try them. One must work, I think.

Sadly does not work

Then I'm sorry to say, you have no option but to get a replacement remote. Would you consider that? if so, I will direct you to the best sources for a replacement remote for this model of TV.

No thanks

Is the TV hooked up to a cable box, or converter box? if so, try changing the channel using the buttons on that box.

None of thsi is helping and my guests are arriving for Thanksgiving. never mind

Try to find the remote then, in the most logical place for it to be 'lost to', might be a last-minute save for this situation. Have a good Thanksgiving, TV or no TV.