TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Tv screen is too wide. 3 years old. Menu works yes. Just…

Customer Question
Tv screen is too...

Tv screen is too wide

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

3 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

Just happened

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/23/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:

Aspect

Zoom

HD Zoom

Ratio

(#) symbol under the 9 key

If those steps don't work, please reply back with the MODEL NUMBER off of the back of the TV and also the NAME of your cable provider.

Were you able to try those steps? Do you need further assistance with this?

Waiting for reboot now

Okay sounds good!

I'm not available by phone. The website sends that offer without my consent. Where are you stuck please?

Aspect. Zoom with arrows. Stretch with arrows
What do I hit
Screen is too large

I don't know what you hit. They're all there to allow you to adjust the size. Experiment with them- find the size you're looking for.

Seems like last time I called and we had to go into settings

I don't even know who your cable provider is or what TV you have. Any details??

Cable is spectrum
Do not know model of TV it is wall mounted
Visio tv
TV Technician: stevenl1469,
 replied 8 months ago
stevenl1469
Phone call session started
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 8 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please