TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 2006-7 LG 60" TV, the picture gets discolored,

Customer Question
I have a 2006-7...

I have a 2006-7 LG 60" TV, the picture gets discolored, jumpy, the color get orange, yellow, comes in and out. If that makes sense to you

Technician's Assistant: What LG model do you have? How old is it?

60" 2006-7 Model 60PC1D PLASMA TV

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Usually, when we first turn the TV on it happens and after 5-10 minutes it stops BUT it is happening with more frequency. This has been going on a few months. We initially thought it was the satellite.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 60PC1D? What happened right before this?

A few Months, initially we thought it was the satellite

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Can it be repaired and an estimated cost.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
11/23/2017
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 8 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

You need to rule OUT the box by trying another INPUT like a DVD player or similar is it the same using that?

If its still the same have you tried re-booting?un-plug from wall-power wait 5 mins re-plug back in again?

Let me know

Anthony

Have you managed to carry out my request please?Anthony

The pictures speak a thousand words thanks, ***** ***** reset the TV to factory default in the settings menu?please do that if not, if its still the same then you should replace the main-board however this could also be a scan board issue or the plasma panel itself, has this issue steadily got worse OR has it been the same throughout?