TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I purchased a 65" curved screen Samsung tv with a smart hub.

Customer Question
Hi, I purchased a...

Hi, I purchased a 65" curved screen Samsung tv with a smart hub. I am hard of hearing so I usually watch with headphones so it is comfortable for my wife. I cant figure out how to use headphones and get sound from the TV at the same time. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your Samsung TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

My cable is HDMI and I have tried both an optical connection and a Bluetooth connection for the headphones.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/23/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Can you postback with the full model number off of the back of the Samsung and also the brand and full model number of the headphones?

No neither one is relevant

Okay then I can't help you. And it is indeed relevant in connecting equipment- I've been doing this well over 20 years.

Goodbye
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Installer

I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out, if you still need assistance.

If so, could you please provide me with the model number of both the tv and the headphones? These are critical details to being able to assist you. There are thousands of different devices on the market and knowing exactly what you have there is a necessary detail to ensuring compatibility and the proper connections.

Situation has been resolved by Samsung

Thanks