TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have a 48 in Samsung tv that is acting up. We also have…

Customer Question
Hi.We have a 48...

Hi.We have a 48 in Samsung tv that is acting up. We also have direct tv. When you turn on the tv it comes on, and then a picture comes on a goes away, and keeps doing that. So, I turn it off. and back on and it does it again. then the 3rd time it stays on. Sometimes there is sound and sometimes not. please help..

Technician's Assistant: What Samsung model do you have? How old is it?

Samsung series 6, Led TV bought in 2012.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No, our other tvs do not do this. Yes the menu works after the tv stays on.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

We just started using the Smart features like Amazon Prime, to watch movies.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: TV
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/23/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 5 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Does the TV also take three tries before it displays picture when you try watching the Smart apps? Or does it only happen with DirecTv?

No, the Samsung remote works the first time. I use the direct tv remote to watch regular tv.

Okay, I need you to elaborate as to the following:

1) Does the set ONLY take three times to show a picture when viewing DirecTv?

2) If you turn the TV on and use the Samsung remote to select an APP- does it display the first time?

Are you still with me here?

I am going to replace the batteries in the direct remote, then I will be back to you.

Okay that sounds good- let me know what you find. We need to rule out whether the TV or the DirecTv equipment is the root cause.

Are you still there?

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

I reset direct tv satellite. Tv is working now.

Excellent- glad to hear it. The chain of questions was to determine that. Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

Aric, Technician