TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The volume on my new 55u775 tv is very quiet when watching…

Customer Question
Hi the volume on...

Hi the volume on my new 55u775 tv is very quiet when watching tv. Using any app the volume is normal, but when I switch to watch to, I have to put it on 100% and then can still only just hear it. I did a factory reset which fixed the problem, volume worked normal, could easy hear it at about 30%, but the next day it went back to being quiet, but it is normal when watching say Netflix. Any suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

Like I said, after a factory reset it was fine, but then went back to being quiet

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
11/23/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 4 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

What device is the TV connecting to that has the volume issue? A cable box?

No to the free to air wall socket

Do you have a DVD player there or any other device that externally connects to the TV that we can do a test with?

but it will connect with hdmi not the antenna socket. Like I said above it works fine with the apps that come pre packaged like Netflix, just not when watching free to air tv

yes I did see that about the apps, these are internal..

I am asking about an external device, if you have one, connect it and tell me please how it performs.

works normal, very loud even at 1/4 volume

Can you connect a different TV to the same wall socket and tell me how that performs please?

No other to available
The tv that this one replaced worked fine on the same socket though

Ok, the issue will either be on the wwall socket (Either a bad connection or you have a signal booster that is failing).

Do you know if you do have a signal booster between the wall socket and the areial?

No booster and I have checked the connection. Did you read what I wrote above? That when I did a factory reset it worked fine for the rest of the day then went back to the fault?

Yes, I am readig all messages you send me... including before about the apps working correctly... and this one about the factory reset, which you also indicated at the start

But I see you feel this may not be the case. No problem, I will opt out so you can work with a different expert on this.

Thank you

You are a rubbish 'expert' clearly if the DTV signal is getting picture and the tv own signal strength is over 50% and has quality of over 90% shows that it is not a faulty socket or antenna, you are not an expert at all, waste of money, very poor service.
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 4 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hi my name is***** have read your issue above and to be honest its very unusual to have low sound when using the antenna input, in fact I can't remember ever having it this way round usually its the apps or inputs that are low antenna high, however because you reset the TV and it was good for a bit that is telling me there is a problem with the firmware, have you checked to make sure the set has the latest firmware on board?

And also made sure that any volume self auto leveling for TV is switched OFF in the audio menus (may or may not have this)

Louie, Technician