TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Amplified antena to a flat screen tv ran channel scan and…

Customer Question
Amplified antena to a...

Amplified antena to a flat screen tv ran channel scan and nothing

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Emerson not sure

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes to menu i use a dvd player with it and it works fine

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Emerson? What happened right before this?

First time we hooked an antena to it i have a polaroid that does the same thing too

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Cant think of anything

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: TV
11/23/2017
TV Technician: Dan, Broadcast Engineer replied 7 months ago
Dan, Broadcast Engineer

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Can you possibly provide the model number of your TV please?

Ewl20s5 b
Man. Nov 2006

Okay thank you. Did you have cable or satellite service before changing to the antenna?

No could not find place under menu to switch from cable to antena either

Are you by chance using a digital converter box to receive your local stations?

Nope

Okay. Your TV does not have a digital tuner installed due to its age. In order for you to receive your local stations, you will need a digital tuner box like the one at this LINK.

If you found my assistance helpful, please remember to rate my service. Have a nice day!