TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We had a power outage today for about 1 hour. The main box…

Customer Question
We had a power...

We had a power outage today for about 1 hour. The main box works but the three remote boxes cannot find a tuner.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

The trouble is not with the sound system, the remote tivo boxes cannot find a tuner

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

This happens every time there is a power outage.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: TV
11/23/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 6 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

If your TiVo Mini boxes are unable to connect, the network connection has been interrupted.

To fix this, you will need to try restarting your wireless router, as well as any other network extenders, switches, etc.

If that doesn't work, you will also need to restart the TiVo boxes.

The boxes do not like having the power suddenly interrupted.

If it becomes a regular problem you could connect a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) to prevent this occurring.

Let me know if that helps?

--------------------
Happy Thanksgiving!
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------