TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

The tv won’t turn on and is not showing any flashing lights

or anything. It has done...
The tv won’t turn on and is not showing any flashing lights or anything. It has done this before and took 3 days to get it back on
JA: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?
Customer: No
JA: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That’s all I can’t think of
11/22/2017
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

Please try to get the model number off the back of the tv? Or:

-tv brand

-tv size

-tv type (led, lcd, plasma, dlp, etc)

-age of the tv

Please try to get the model number off the back of the tv? Or:-tv brand-tv size-tv type (led, lcd, plasma, dlp, etc)-age of the tv
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Panasonic viera 50 inch

And:

-tv type (led, lcd, plasma, dlp, etc)

-age of the tv

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Model # TC-P50X5

Ok, that's a plasma.

How long did you leave the tv POWER cord unplugged for?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
about 3 hours

Some of these have two power buttons (I'll have to check)- one is like a toggle switch, the other is a push button. Are you sure you have BOTH power buttons ON ?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I only see one power button

Right, the manual for this model isn't showing a main toggle switch, so have you tried just the power button on the SIDE of the tv?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I have

Since unplugging didn't help- I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires complex diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here (previous electronics experience is required on your part). Otherwise you will need to use local repair shop. In home repairs start at $250 on this model and most shops charge just for diagnosis. So you may want to compare that to prices of new 50" tv's.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician